20 exercises to work your entire abdomen without any equipment
Are you on vacation away from the gym? There are no excuses not to work your body and keep it in shape, for that reason, today we leave 20 exercises to work each muscle of your abdomen, without any equipment, so that you can train at home, on the beach, or wherever you are.
Here we show the different exercises depending on the muscles that request:
The upper portion of the rectum of the abdomen
The central and superficial muscle of our abdomen is the greater rectum that is requested in a great number of exercises.
- Crunches or trunk elevations: they are the classic abdominal exercise for which we only need our body lying on the back and hands behind the head, without pulling it, to raise the trunk by contraction of the abdomen. For greater intensity, we can cross our hands in front of the chest and you will see how it is difficult to execute this exercise.
- Sit-ups: they are more complex and intense than the previous ones because we must sit completely by contracting the abdomen and not just raising the trunk. We can help by extending our arms forward or by holding our feet to the ground so that they do not rise when we get up.
- Abdominals in V or V-ups: even more complex than the previous ones because they require great previous strength in the abdominal area to be able to form a V with our body by simultaneously raising legs and trunk as you can see in Vitónica.
- Extensions of legs on the floor: we should only lie on our backs, slightly raise the trunk resting on the forearms and from there, shrink and extend the legs trying to contract at all times the abdomen as shown in Vitónica.
The lower portion of the greater rectus of the abdomen
- Inverted crunches: with this exercise, we can work lying on your back the lower portion of the rectus major of the abdomen, we should only bring the legs to the trunk and not the trunk to the legs as in the classic abdominal crunch. You can see how it is done in Vitónica.
- The alternate crossing of legs: as shown in Vitónica, this exercise involves crossing the slightly elevated feet of the floor while we lie on our backs, with our hands under the back to take care of the lumbar area.
- Elevations of legs extended on the floor: we should only lie on our backs and place both hands under the buttocks to ensure that the lower back does not arch. And from there elevate the legs until they are perpendicular to the ground. You can see his technique of correct execution in Vitónica.
- Flutter kicks or legs flapping: similar to the alternate crossing of legs but alternately raising the feet, we can work the lower portion of the greater rectus abdominis with this exercise that only requires our body to execute.
To exercise and tone the obliques located on the sides of our middle zone and on the sides of it, we can put into practice the following exercises without any equipment :
- Russian twist: although the exercise is usually carried out with a load on the hands, we can execute this exercise without any purpose and we will also work the sides of our abdomen intensely with its execution.
- Lateral elevation of legs: lying down and on the side, we can perform this movement that consists of raising both legs together as shown in Vitónica. We can facilitate the exercise by misaligning the body and advancing the legs or flexing them slightly to make lifting easier.
- Cyclists or alternate obliques on the floor: it is ideal for intensely working the muscles of the sides of the abdomen, both external and internal. You can see how the movement in Vitonics is executed.
- Lateral bridge with torsion: it constitutes a variation of the lateral bridge that works external and internal obliques when combining an isometric exercise with movement. You can see his correct technique of execution in Vitonics.
It is the most forgotten muscle of the abdomen, perhaps because it is not very visible, in the deepest part of our core. However, your work is of great importance and for this, you can put into practice the following exercises :
- Bridge or horizontal stabilization: they are the classic isometric exercise that consists of placing the whole body in a bridge position, aligned from head to toe, as shown in Vitónica.
- Lateral bridge: like the previous exercise, we must maintain the position for a few seconds in the position of plate or bridge, but this time, on the side to work in addition to the transverse abdominals, the obliques, as shown in Vitónica.
- Hypopressive: require a proper technique for its implementation but are truly effective to work the muscles deeper in the middle of the body.
- Inverted bridge: consists of making a bridge with our body, but face up, for which, the entire middle area must be contracted and between the muscles required is the transverse abdominal. You can see the execution technique in Vitonics.
Work the entire abdomen at the same time
If your goal is not to focus the effort on a certain area of your abdomen and you are looking to exercise different muscles at the same time, we suggest you perform one of these exercises:
- Bridge or horizontal stabilization with knees to the chest: to work transverse, rectus major of the abdomen and also oblique, we can realize this variant of the classic isometric, as they show us in Vitónica.
- Roll to candlestick: this is an intense exercise used in Crossfit to work the entire middle area that must be contracted to lie down and rise to the standing position by contracting the core muscles, as you can see in Vitónica.
- Hollow rock or rolling hollow: placing the body in a hollowed out position as shown in Vitónica, you can perform this exercise that consists of balancing the body without losing the position, for which they contract greater rectus abdominis, transverse and oblique simultaneously.
- Dynamic lateral bridge: with this movement, we request in addition to the contraction of the external obliques, that of the greater rectus of the abdomen and also, that of the deep musculature of the core. You can know his technique of correct execution in Vitónica.
As you can see, there are no excuses for work in the middle area of your body, because you have 20 different exercises that you can do without any equipment, wherever you are.